A big Thank You to Thad Smith at Gwinnett Fire Station Number 9 in Lawrenceville, Ga. Our children had a fantastic time today taking a tour of the fire station complete with a safety video, a in-depth look and touch session of the firefighting gear and even saw a fireman put it all on. We also had a station tour seeing where the fireman cook, eat, relax, sleep, and get ready and a culminating activity of seeing the actual firetruck and the ambulance. The children loved getting in and taking pictures with the engine and ambulance. The Gwinnett County Fire Station Tour was an A+. The finally couldn't have been beat with our station receiving a dispatch call to go to an emergency. I love that the kids were able to wave goodbye to their tour guides. The Gwinnett Fire Station Number 9 was so nice and very accomodating. I appreciated the reminder/confirmation call earlier this morning. Thank you for everyone who came out.
For those of you who weren't able to attend we missed you. We discussed our next few field trips. Dates will be put on the calendar when confirmed. For September, the Stone Mountain Police Station, October, the Pumpkin Patch and Halloween party, for November the Train Museum and for December, Pictures with Santa and possibly a secret santa. I will keep you updated as we confirm our activities. Please let me know if you would like to plan a field trip or have an idea.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I would love to hear your input: